The Tesla CEO posted the question to his 54 million followers just after 10am CET. So far 2.1 million have responded, 77 percent of whom have voted yes.
- Elon Musk appeared on the live US comedy show Saturday Night Live last weekend, and called the virtual currency a ‘hustle’, prompting a decline from $0.72 on Saturday evening to $0.45 by Sunday afternoon
- He has frequently used the social media platform to post his opinions about cryptocurrencies, often causing their prices to react
- Musk’s space agency SpaceX recently announced it would be accepting Dogecoins as payment for its lunar missions in 2022
- According to CoinGecko.com, which tracks virtual currency price movements, Dogecoin’s value has risen 662 percent in the past 30 days, making it the fourth-largest digital currency after Bitcoin, Ethereum, Binance and XRP.
- Today Dogecoin was trading at around $0.48, 34% down on its all-time high of $0.73 achieved on May 8, 2021
Link to Tweet:
Do you want Tesla to accept Doge?
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) May 11, 2021
The post Elon Musk Asks Twitter Followers if Tesla Should Accept Dogecoins appeared first on Coin Journal.