Anycoin Direct is a broker platform based in the Netherlands that allows its clients to use direct online payment methods to buy and sell cryptocurrencies easily and efficiently.
The platform was founded in 2013 by Julian van der Wijst, Bram Ceelen and Lennert Vlemmings with the aim of making cryptocurrencies accessible to everyone. Van der Wijst describes the company’s mission as making “… purchasing cryptocurrency as simple as buying a t-shirt online.” Anycoin Direct was the first European cryptocurrency broker to offer a live chat support service seven days a week, which has been a hit with clients. The company has grown rapidly over the last few years and currently boasts more than 400,000 customers.
The new Anycoin Direct 2.0 platform, which launched in April of 2020, completely overhauled the design of the website. The upgrade focused on customer support with the addition of improved order processes, extensive information and an interactive support assistant.
The broker is suitable for all types of customers, but its user-friendly platform, support team and step-by-step processes will make it of particular interest to those who are new to the world of cryptocurrencies.
Standout Anycoin Direct features
Range of different cryptocurrencies – Anycoin Direct offers 26 different coins including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cardano, NEO, Ontology and Dogecoin.
Step-by-step guides – detailed ‘How to buy’ and ‘How to sell’ guides are available for dozens of the most popular cryptocurrencies.
Adaptive side support bar – a system which dynamically shows relevant questions and answers during each step of the buying and selling process.
Affiliate program – earn credits for referring new customers and track performance through the integrated affiliate program.
Fast verification – accounts can be quickly verified through video chat with one of Anycoin Direct’s trusted agents.
Business accounts – these are available for professionals purchasing coins with a verified company bank account.
Anycoin Direct: Pros and cons
- Good customer support through the interactive support assistant or live chat
- New coins often added and users can recommend what should be added next
- A range of different payment methods offered including Visa, Mastercard, Giropay, iDeal and SEPA
- Score of 8.8 out of 10 on Trustpilot based on over 12,000 reviews
- Limits can be raised following account verification
- DNB registered and has appointed a Compliance Officer and an Anti-Money Laundering Officer
- Two-Factor Authentication and the Google Authenticator app are available for improved security
- Clients’ privacy is protected by GDPR compliance and the appointment of a Data Protection Officer
- Not as many coins offered as some other brokers
- Accounts cannot be opened by residents of non-EU member states and temporarily Germany, which the exchange hopes will soon offer support again soon
- Euros are the only fiat currency supported for transactions
- No technical trading tools
How to sign up to Anycoin Direct
- Go to anycoindirect.eu/en, enter your email address on the sign up page and click register
- Enter the 4 digit verification code sent to your email and fill in your name, date of birth and address
- Create a strong password and optionally add your phone number for SMS Two-Factor Authentication – you’re now ready to start trading!
User interface for Anycoin Direct
The platform is very easy to navigate:
Simply click the buy or sell tab at the top and select the currencies you would like to convert from and to. All that is needed then is to enter your wallet address and payment method to complete a transaction.
The layout is clear and easy to follow and at each step of the process there are common questions at the bottom which customers can click on to open the side support bar. This provides a concise answer to the query and the option to start a live chat if extra support is required.
Clicking on your name at the top will take you to your dashboard where your buy, sell and trade limits. Earned credits through the affiliates program and recent orders are all displayed clearly.
Anycoin Direct doesn’t have a full technical trading platform with access to charts and indicators for each currency pair like some other brokers, but the cryptocurrency overview pages provide some useful graphs and a detailed history of each coin along with an explanation of the factors affecting its price.
Anycoin Direct’s dedicated support team is available seven days a week to communicate with customers one to one about specific issues. The company also has an active Twitter account with over 3,400 followers where they post updates and cryptocurrency news on an almost daily basis.
The broker doesn’t have Discord or Telegram accounts but routinely posts articles about Anycoin Direct and the wider crypto world to the blog on their website. Additionally, customers can keep updated by subscribing to the Anycoin Direct newsletter by enabling the option in their account dashboard.
Anycoin Direct: In summary
To conclude, Anycoin Direct doesn’t have as many coins or technical features as some of the other popular cryptocurrency brokers, but its user-friendly interface, excellent customer support and extensive help guides make it an ideal choice for users who are just entering the crypto space.
In November 2020, Anycoin Direct became the first renowned exchange service to gain a licence from the Dutch financial supervisor DNB. With this proof of its security and regulation, the company aims to grow and become more professional.
Looking to the future, Anycoin Directs’ plans include adding more information to their website, implementing more features and providing an even smoother trading experience for their customers.
The post Anycoin Direct Review 2021: What is the Anycoin exchange? appeared first on Coin Journal.